Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout

Kevin: Whatcha got for us this time?
Frank: This is Bluegrass Brewing Co. Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout. The beer dude at Roof Brother's Liquor Store in Paducah, KY said it's worth a try.
Kevin: Oh crap! I've had whiskey barrel beer before and was none to pleased...
Frank: And it's a bit pricey, $4 for a 12 ounce bottle, but that beer dude said it was 10% ABV.
Kevin: 10%! That could be a redeeming quality!
Frank: Well let's see if the drink is as good as the drunk...
Kevin: Enuff talkin', start pourin'!
Frank: It's got a very dark body with a thick brown head. Here's your six ounces.
Kevin: What!! You only have one bottle? Oh well, at least it smells good, sorta chocolatey.
Frank: Hey, what can I do? Not enough people are clicking my banners and ads! We NEED sponsorship!!
Kevin: The first sip is good; a rich caramel malt flavor. I don't notice a strong alcohol bite, though.
Rufus: Hey fellers, I'm home! Whatcha mean malt? Ya gotta malt it first? Is it frozed?
Frank: [Ignores Rufus] It's tingly on the tongue, but it has a smooth nice finish.
Kevin: Agreed. The hops come out and mingle well with the malt flavor.
Rufus: Kinda like a party in yer mouth!
Kevin: Yeah, and everyones coming... [Rufus is oblivious to joke, as usual]
Frank: The hop flavors fade directly after the finish, with little aftertaste.
Kevin: Near the bottom of the glass, I can start tasting the higher alcohol content.
Frank: I can smell the alcohol more after the glass is almost empty.
Kevin: Which is about after the first drink, since we only have ONE!!!
Frank: I wasn't gonna spend sixteen bucks on a 4-pack until I knew if it was any good!
Kevin: Well, it is good. I liked it and would like some more, but I'll have to take out a loan..
Frank: I'm going to rate this a 3.5 on our scale of 0 - 5. I would rate it higher if it were more affordable.
Kevin: Indeed! Definitely a high 3 range. Good Choice, Frank!
Frank: Thanks for the suggestion Roof Brothers, Paducah, KY. Next time you guys can buy!

No comments: